- 1 How to Breed Pokemon
- 2 How to Get There
- 3 What Pokémon Can't Breed
- 4 Hatching Eggs
- 5 Hatching Times
- 6 Egg Groups
- 7 Additional Tips
- 8 Credits
How to Breed Pokemon
Two Pokemon are required to breed. After having the two Pokemon you want to breed in your roster (make sure one of them is your starter), head to the Breeding Center. If the Pokemon you choose are compatible you will be able to click a link to breed them. Breeding two compatible Pokemon will result in a new Pokemon of the lowest level of evolution for either parent. Pokemon are compatible if:
- They have opposite genders and are of the same species. For example, a male and female Raichu can be bred with each other. This will result in a Pichu (the lowest level of Raichu’s evolution).
- They have opposite genders and share at least one egg group (egg groups are listed further below). For example, a male Clefable and female Cherrim (and vice versa) can be bred, resulting in either a Cleffa or Cherubi.
- It has a gender (male/female) and is bred with Ditto. For example, a male or female Venusaur can be bred with a Ditto, resulting in either a Bulbasaur or a Ditto.
- It is genderless and is bred with Ditto. For example, breeding a Bronzor and Ditto will result in a Bronzor or Ditto. However, there is a problem when breeding genderless Pokemon. You must set Ditto as your starter otherwise you will not be able to breed with a genderless Pokemon.
*Note: It is irrelevant whether the parents are normal, shiny, dark, or golden. The resulting Pokemon will always be normal.
How to Get There
- Simply click the Breeding Center Link under 'Pokémon Centers'.
What Pokémon Can't Breed
- Pokémon in the 'No Eggs' group.
- Ungendered (?) Pokémon.
After successfully breeding, a Pokemon egg will be created. You can create up to three eggs at a time. After the hatching time displayed reaches 00:00:00, your egg will be ready to hatch.
- Simply click “Ready to Hatch!” and you could be the owner of a new Pokemon.
- 90% of your eggs will hatch. This means there is a 10% chance your egg will be empty.
- If you made a mistake in breeding, you no longer have to wait for the egg to hatch in order to breed again. There is a nice feature that allows you to give up your egg. Simply click “Let Breeding Center Keep This Egg” and your egg will be removed.
- The hatching time (in seconds) of an egg is proportional to the amount of total base stats a Pokemon has by a factor of 30. This means that if we multiply the total base stats by 30, we will find out how long it will take an egg to hatch. And so, Charmander (309 total base stats) will take 9270 seconds (or 02:34:30) to hatch.
- Breeding time is halved when your faction controls the Power Plant.
- Below is a link redirecting to the Hatching Times page. Its a table that includes all the hatching times for each Pokemon.
- Click the link for more information: Hatching Times
- As long as the two possible outcomes of the offspring don't have the same hatching time, you can use the hatching time as a way to tell what pokemon you will get.
Below are Pokemon categorized in their specific Egg Groups. You can check the individual Pokedex entry in order to find the Egg Groups of each Pokemon as well.
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, NidoranF, NidoranM, Nidorino, Nidoking, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Cubone, Marowak, Lickitung, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Kangaskhan, Lapras, Snorlax, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Mareep, Flaafy, Ampharos, Slowking, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Aron, Lairon, Aggron, Tropius, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Cranidos, Rampardos, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Snover, Abomasnow, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus, Druddigon, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Amaura, Aurorus, Bergmite, Avalugg.
Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Paras, Parasect, Venonat, Venomoth, Scyther, Pinsir, Ledyba, Ledian, Spinarak, Ariados, Yanma, Pineco, Forretress, Gligar, Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Wurmple, Silcoon, Beautifly, Cascoon, Dustox, Surskit, Masquerain, Nincada, Ninjask, Volbeat, Illumise, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Kricketot, Kricketune, Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Combee, Vespiquen, Skorupi, Drapion, Yanmega, Gliscor, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Venipede, Whirlipede, Scolipede, Dwebble, Crustle, Karrablast, Escavalier, Joltik, Galvantula, Shelmet, Accelgor, Durant, Larvesta, Volcarona, Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon
Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Spearow, Fearow, Zubat, Golbat, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Dodrio, Aerodactyl, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Crobat, Togetic, Natu, Xatu, Murkrow, Skarmory, Taillow, Swellow, Wingull, Pelipper, Swablu, Altaria, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Honchkrow, Chatot, Togekiss, Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant, Woobat, Swoobat, Sigilyph, Archen, Archeops, Ducklett, Swanna, Rufflet, Braviary, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Noibat, Noivern.
Rattata, Raticate, Ekans, Arbok, Pikachu, Raichu, Sandshrew, Sandslash, NidoranF, NidoranM, Nidorino, Nidoking, Vulpix, Ninetales, Diglett, Dugtrio, Meowth, Persian, Psyduck, Golduck, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Ponyta, Rapidash, Farfetch'd, Seel, Dewgong, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Tauros, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Sentret, Furret, Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Aipom, Wooper, Quagsire, Espeon, Umbreon, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Snubbull, Granbull, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Swinub, Piloswine, Delibird, Houndour, Houndoom, Phanpy, Donphan, Stantler, Smeargle, Miltank, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Poochyena, Mightyena, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Slakoth, Vigoroth, Slaking, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Skitty, Delcatty, Mawile, Electrike, Manectric, Wailmer, Wailord, Numel, Camerupt, Torkoal, Spoink, Grumpig, Spinda, Zangoose, Seviper, Kecleon, Absol, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Bidoof, Bibarel, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Pachirisu, Buizel, Floatzel, Ambipom, Buneary, Lopunny, Glameow, Purugly, Stunky, Skuntank, Lucario, Hippopotas, Hippowdon, Weavile, Rhyperior, Leafeon, Glaceon, Mamoswine, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Patrat, Watchog, Lillipup, Herdier, Stoutland, Purrloin, Liepard, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Munna, Musharna, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Woobat, Swoobat, Drilbur, Excadrill, Sandile, Krokorok, Krookodile, Darumaka, Darmanitan, Scraggy, Scrafty, Zorua, Zoroark, Minccino, Cinccino, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Emolga, Cubchoo, Beartic, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Bouffalant, Heatmor, Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Bunnelby, Diggersby, Litleo, Pyroar, Skiddo, Gogoat, Pancham, Pangoro, Furfrou, Espurr, Meowstic, Sylveon, Dedenne.
Pikachu, Raichu, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Togetic, Marill, Azumarill, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Snubbull, Granbull, Blissey, Shroomish, Breloom, Skitty, Delcatty, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Roselia, Castform, Snorunt, Glalie, Roserade, Pachirisu, Cherubi, Cherrim, Togekiss, Froslass, Phione, Audino, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Dedenne, Carbink.
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Paras, Parasect, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Tangela, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Bellossom, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Sunkern, Sunflora, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Shroomish, Breloom, Roselia, Cacnea, Cacturne, Tropius, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Roserade, Cherubi, Cherrim, Carnivine, Snover, Abomasnow, Tangrowth, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Petilil, Lilligant, Maractus, Foongus, Amoonguss, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Phantump, Trevenant.
Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Drowzee, Hypno, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Hitmontop, Makuhita, Hariyama, Sableye, Meditite, Medicham, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda, Cacnea, Cacturne, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Buneary, Lopunny, Lucario, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Electivire, Magmortar, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Throh, Sawk, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Pawniard, Bisharp, Pancham, Pangoro, Hawlucha.
Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Magnemite, Magneton, Onix, Voltorb, Electrode, Porygon, Sudowoodo, Steelix, Porygon2, Shedinja, Nosepass, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy, Claydol, Snorunt, Glalie, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong, Magnezone, Porygon-Z, Probopass, Froslass, Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Dwebble, Crustle, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Trubbish, Garbodor, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Cryogonal, Golett, Golurk
Grimer, Muk, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Koffing, Weezing, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Slugma, Magcargo, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gulpin, Swalot, Castform, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, Chimecho, Shellos, Gastrodon, Drifloon, Drifblim, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Gallade, Dusknoir, Rotom, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Frillish, Jellicent, Tynamo, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Stunfisk, Phantump, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Mimikyu.
Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Ekans, Arbok, Horsea, Seadra, Magikarp, Gyarados, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Kingdra, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Swablu, Altaria, Seviper, Feebas, Milotic, Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Scraggy, Scrafty, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus, Druddigon, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon, Skrelp, Dragalge, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra.
Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Psyduck, Golduck, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Seel, Dewgong, Horsea, Seadra, Lapras, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Marill, Azumarill, Politoed, Wooper, Quagsire, Slowking, Corsola, Remoraid, Octillery, Delibird, Mantine, Kingdra, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Wingull, Pelipper, Surskit, Masquerain, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Feebas, Milotic, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Relicanth, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Bidoof, Bibarel, Buizel, Floatzel, Shellos, Gastrodon, Phione, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Ducklett, Swanna, Alomomola, Stunfisk, Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Inkay, Malamar, Skrelp, Dragalge, Clauncher, Clawitzer.
Goldeen, Seaking, Magikarp, Gyarados, Chinchou, Lanturn, Qwilfish, Remoraid, Octillery, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Wailmer, Wailord, Barboach, Whiscash, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Finneon, Lumineon, Basculin, Alomomola, Inkay, Malamar.
Tentacool, Tentacruel, Shellder, Cloyster, Krabby, Kingler, Staryu, Starmie, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Corsola, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Lileep, Cradily, Anorith, Armaldo, Skorupi, Drapion, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Archen, Archeops, Binacle, Barbaracle, Clauncher, Clawitzer.
Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Unown, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Azurill, Wynaut, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Riolu, Mantyke, Manaphy, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion.
- When you are using two different kinds of Pokemon to breed, say a Ditto and a Swampert, look at the hatching time on the egg to determine which Pokemon will come out. There's no use in waiting 02:24:00 to hatch a Ditto. So if you're looking to hatch Mudkips, omit the eggs with a hatching time of 02:24:00 and keep the eggs with a hatching time of 02:35:00.
- Once you have 507 Pokemon in your box you can no longer hatch eggs. In order to hatch an egg reduce the amount of Pokemon in your box to 506 and lower.
- Breeding time is halved when your faction controls the Power Plant.
- You can hold up to 3 eggs at a time.